Developing a Successful Acceleration Road Map
Beginning the journey into accelerated underwriting? Although the path to an accelerated underwriting program can and should be customized – and adjusted along the way – several basic steps can help any company get started.
Underwriting Automation: Why Expectations Might Not Match Reality
The underwriting automation engine has undoubtedly become a popular approach for many insurance organizations seeking to increase efficiencies and augment their workforces. While implementing this technology is likely vital to remain competitive, there is often a disconnect between the expectations and the reality of automation’s impact on underwriting operations.
Technology is Streamlining the Process of Issuing Life Insurance Policies
Life insurance is undergoing a renaissance of sorts. The industry is slowly transforming from one entrenched in the old-age archaism of paper and manual processes to one embracing digital technology and artificial intelligence, which benefits consumers via a more enjoyable sales experience and better product pricing.
Busted: Top Five Myths About Accelerated Underwriting
As accelerated underwriting programs grow more prevalent in the industry, some carriers may feel they are falling behind. But this may be more perception than reality. The following article from RGA addresses common misconceptions around accelerated underwriting and dispels many of the myths about implementing an accelerated underwriting program
The Impact of Simplified Underwriting on Life Insurance
In this episode of LIMRA Unplugged, LIMRA Research Director Alison Salka talks with Jim Scanlon, life insurance research director for LIMRA, about the impact of simplified underwriting.
The Amazonization of Life Insurance
In theory, it is the depersonalization of the consumer experience and process in search of the cheapest and easiest alternative in doing business. Life insurance is unfortunately one of those entities subject to these forces, whether by Amazon or by other methods insurers are now using to amalgamate the process.
Adopt a Correlation-based Underwriting Approach to Drive Efficiency
Why “We have always done it this way” is not an ideal approach for insurers today.
5 Lessons From a Hot Life Startup
Although Ladder company has only 37 employees, it can issue fully, but quickly, underwritten policies while the applicants are sitting in front of their computers, with coverage limits ranging from $100,000 to $8 million.
Underwriting Presentations from M.U.D. 2018
Slides from presentations given at the 48th annual M.U.D. Conference have been posted at their website. Presentations include:
- The Population is Abusing Drugs, but Are Drugs Abusing Insurance?
- Update from the Cuckoo’s Nest: Mental Health Underwriting
- Electronic Medical Records - State of the Union Update
- The Rise and Fall of Liver Biopsy
- Prostate Cancer- To screen or not to screen that is the question
- Through Thick and Thin – Red Blood Cell Disorders
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Evaluating Those with a Big Heart
- Using Third Party Scoring in Accelerated Underwriting
- Data Analytics & Underwriting: Are 20th-century regulations still appropriate for 21st-century underwriting?
- Anti Aging, Youthful Medication, Longevity/HGH
- Mind the Gap- Understanding the influence of anti-selection and various holes in the underwriting process of accelerated versus traditional underwriting