Slides from the following presentations have been made available at the M.U.D. Group website:
- Challenges Facing the Insurance Industry
- Financial UW from an Agent's Perspective
- Sleep Deprivation
- The Evolution of Underwriting Requirements over Time and What is on the Horizon
- Cognitive Screening Tests – Did You Forget Something?
- Electronic Underwriting - Threat or Opportunity?
- Motorsports Update: Speed, Situations and Safety
- Is HIV Insurable Yet? (Part 1)
- Is HIV Insurable Yet? (Part 2)
- Underwriting the Habits Risk of Alcohol Use
- “Brain Spots” – To Be or Not to be Concerned
The 12th annual conference of the Association of Home Office Underwriters (AHOU) was held April 29-May 2 in Orlando. Highlights from the 2012 AHOU Conference include a presentation on the impacts of the economy on the life insurance industry; the new edge on chronic kidney disease; insurance planning for the high net worth market; suicides–are they killing your mortality results; CT scanning and CAD–facts and hype; and emerging themes in rheumatoid arthritis.
The Society of Actuaries has made several slide presentations from the 2012 Life & Annuity Symposium (May 21-22, 2012) available at their website.
Section 44 at the link below involves a discussion of life underwriting trends including simplified issue, older age underwriting, new medical markers, new MIB codes, and predictive analytics. Once at the site, click on "View Presentation" to view the slides.
Life insurance companies in the rapidly expanding Asian marketplace are in a race to make new insurance products available. Increasingly, they are looking for new options to streamline the underwriting process to be able to offer new products quickly and expand their geographic reach. A panel of experts will discuss underwriting best practices and how they can establish a growth platform for quicker product development, response to new business and market expansion. The one-hour event begins on Thursday, August 25, at 3 p.m.Singapore time, which is 12:30 p.m. IST and 3 a.m. EDT.